The 407th was reactivated as the Strategic Air Command '407th Strategic Fighter Wing' in 1953. It was assigned tot he Fifteenth Air Force and composed of the 407th Air Refueling Squadron with KB-29 Superfortress tankers with the 515th, 516th, and 517th Strategic Fighter Squadrons equipped with the Republic F-84G Thunderjet.
The 407th deployed to Misawa Air Base, Japan in 1954 where it provided air defense of Northern Japan. In doing so it was later attached to the 39th Air Division Defense.
The 407th was redesignated the 407th AEG and later activated at Tallil Air Base (Ali Base) Iraq on 14 April 2003.
Officially licensed by the US Army.
This item is made on demand and typically ships 5-7 business days after the order date.